You may be entitled to a separate theft deduction. Please see IRS Form 4684 (Casualties and Thefts, and instructions related thereto) and consult your own professional advisors before making any tax, legal or accounting decision.

NOTE: Lukka does not provide tax advice. The statements above are general in nature and do not address how the application of the tax rules can vary based on a taxpayer’s actual facts. Please consult a tax professional on how the tax rules apply to your specific facts.

Did this answer your question?