To enter starting balances for a specific account, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Accounts page
- Select "Load Data" for the account you want to add Starting Balances to.
- There are two ways to add starting balances: via file upload or entering data manually.
- Go to the "File Upload" tab.
- Select "Lukka" as the File Format.
- Select "Starting Balance" as the Transaction File Type.
- Optional: Download the Starting Balance File template to know how to format your data in the file.
- Click "Select File" to upload your file.
- Go to the "Starting Balance" tab.
- Click "Add New Starting Balance."
- Enter starting balance data: Date/Time of Acquisition, Asset, Asset Quantity, Cost Basis (in US Dollar).
- Click "Save."
- Repeat Steps 1 - 4 for more assets, as necessary.